The Gruffalo and Mouse 50p coin
The second in the Gruffalo 50p 2-coin series from the Royal Mint released 17th October 2019 at 9 am.
The first coin depicted the face of The Gruffalo, this time we see the whole creature with his friend Mouse.
These coins have been issued in Brilliant Uncirculated, Silver Proof and Gold Proof editions.
The Gruffalo and Mouse 50p Silver Proof Coin
|Limited Edition Presentation||25,000|
|Maximum Coin Mintage||30,000|
|Alloy||.925 Sterling Silver|
|Reverse Designer||Magic Light Pictures|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Silver|
|Country Of Origin||United Kingdom|
|Price (on day of release)||£65|
Limited Edition 25,000 Silver Coins
- Both the Gruffalo and Mouse have been captured with bright colour printing
- The first time both characters have appeared on a coin together
The Gruffalo and Mouse 2019 UK 50p Brilliant Uncirculated Coin
- Each tooth and tusk has been finished to Brilliant Uncirculated standard.
- The stars of the story are presented together on a coin for the first time
- Presented in bright packaging, reflecting the original charming illustrations
- The only way to own this coin – you won’t find it in your change
The Gruffalo 50p Gold Proof Coin
Limited Edition 600 Gold Coins
- Struck in 22-carat gold
- The UK first – both a monster and a mouse on a coin
- Extremely limited striking – just 600 gold coins are available
- The Proof finish captures every whisker and wart
- Presented in a case with a booklet on this childhood favourite
The Gruffalo and the Mouse Video